Open Data Policy
MEWA's main goal from establishing this open data platform is to create a single central point for making open data available for the beneficiaries of its Portal. This will be achieved in the light of a strategy and policy that govern access and use of data, with the aim of spreading knowledge, promoting transparency, encouraging e-participation and supporting decision making based on users' interaction with the data.
MEWA is committed to making the open data available for all users. It will also work on constantly developing the data, increasing ease of access and use, and enabling maximum benefits.
The open data library includes many file formats that can be displayed or downloaded by users including Excel files that users can display after installing Microsoft Excel. It also includes CSV files, that can be displayed with many tools, including Excel, Notepad, etc; XML files that can be displayed with different web browsers, Microsoft Word or Excel, Notepad, etc; HTML files that can be displayed by different web browsers or Notepad; and TEXT files that can be displayed using Notepad and many other tools.
Users can access the required data through searching for the category of the data in the digital library. Users can set data type in the menu, and specify the sector of the required data, for example Environment Sector, Water Sector, etc. File menus of this data will be displayed as groups that contain a certain number of data, after reaching the required data, users are free to display, use or download it.
If you have any difficulty while trying to use the data, please contact us.
Terms and Conditions
All MEWA Portal visitors are entitled to access, use and reuse the files and data available on the Open Data page.
All users are encouraged to review the policy, and terms and conditions of using open data and abide by the following controls while using the data:
• Logging into and using the open data library is deemed to be an approval to abide by the terms and conditions of this policy;
• Reusing the open data available on MEWA Portal is the responsibility of the user, subject to avoiding any mistakes or alterations in relation to the data content, source and date upon reuse;
• The data should not be used for any political purpose, in supporting illegal activities, in racist comments, in any act of instigation, or in inducing negative cultural effect that contradicts with the customs and traditions of the Kingdom;
• The source of the data should be referred to upon reusing or publishing such data.
• The data may not be used in a way that indicates that the user is an official entity or that he was especially licensed to publish the data.
The Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture shall not be liable for any errors or data missing in the open data, or on applications and intellectual products based on such data, and the Ministry shall not be responsible for any damage or misuse suffered by entities or individuals as a result of the reuse of such data. The Ministry doesn't guarantee the continuous availability of the data or any part of it, and shoulders no responsibility towards data users.
How to use:
Users can access to the required data through choosing (Open Data Library) and (Sector). Then browse the file and use it in Excel file format, open it and download it by Excel, and arrange and filter data.
User can also search for open data through the search criteria (Open Data Library) such as (Sector) or by entering the title to search for.
Data can be used for:
- Scientific Research.
- New business and projects.
- Support decision-making.
- Inspire innovation, developing applications and programs.